Here 17 Steps to purchasing a home.
This list will prove guidance to understanding the steps to obtaining a home.
As any investment person would say, create a realistic budget and stick with it. This will give you a good perspective of what you can afford a month for a mortgage payment.
The realtor you have selected should be utilizing a process as shown below, will make finding your home a smooth process.
In each of the steps below there are details to understanding each of these steps
The 17 steps to home ownership
- Save money for down payment
- Select a Realtor
- Understanding financing methods
- Finding a lender
- Get Pre-Approved
- Determine your home search criteria
- Research and view homes
- Select a home
- Make an offer/negotiate, leave emotions out of it
- Sign a purchase and sale agreement
- Get inspections, Home inspection and any other inspections
- Apply for mortgage application
- Realtor/Broker will confirm a clean title
- Get home insurance
- Final walkthrough
- Closing, signing documents
- Documents recorded, keys are turned over to you
As with any part of the real estate process, if at any time you have any questions or concerns ask your realtor. That is what they are there for, to provide you guidance that you can trust and believe in.
Do you have questions in the Seattle area, contact Tom Fine, email@example.com or 206-434-6561
Tom's next blogs break down the 17 steps of purchasing a home.
Happy Home Hunting!