A great chance for home buyers to take advantage of a State program that provides an opportunity to get down payment assistance and closing costs at a great interest rate of 0% sand deferred up to 30 years. Don’t miss this opportunity, contact Tom to see how to take advantage today and enjoy what the state is dishing out.
This is scary, challenging and exciting all at the same time. The thought of selling your biggest investment. Well being wise and realistic you'll do fine. I knw you're thinking you can do the FSBO, of course as a realtor I don't believe in FSBO (For Sale By Owner), here you have your biggest asset and you have a fulltime job and know you are thinking of taking on this huge endeavor, is this smart? Do you know how much time it will take? Do you have experience in selling a home? Marketing a home, Interacting with potential buyers? Do you know what to say and how to close the deal or negotiate? What are these values worth?
The right realtor will make the cost of their services pay off, they will make you as much money as possible and will engage with potential buyers and buyers agents. Well let's get down to why you are here.
Here are some steps to get your home prepared for selling for the maximum amount.
1. Curb Appeal, this is the first impressions a potential buyer will see your home, beside the pictures online. Clean the yard, make the yard attractive, simple plants and bark in the beds can make your yard stand out from other homes for sale.
2. The first thing to do is to declutter your home, this means getting rid if all the excess items, possibly too many chairs in the living room, too much furniture is a turn off. The rooms should feel larger and by minimizing them, making the rooms look clean, larger this will give the rooms more volume. Clean your home, this means dusting, washing windows, this means deep cleaning and keep it clean, you never know when a potential buyer will want to see your home.
3. Make necessary repairs, do a walk thru and look at everything and make a list, that is what a good inspector will do and you'll loose money on the house if there any issues. Once you have the list, prioritize the list and go over the list with your realtor, they can help make key judgments on what should be repaired or replaced.
4. Prepare a list of what you like about the house and what repairs and improvements you've made on the property.
5. How about another list of what shops, restaurants and other great places are around your home that buyers can associate with and can see the proximity of these places. Anything special like this: "Look thru Living room window to see the Space Needle", "Walk to the Waterfront", "Pike Place Market are within walking distance from the house".
6. Once you hire a realtor to represent your home, they will provide a CMA, (Comparative Market Analysis) which will have comparative properties to provide you with a good idea of what your home is worth and what price range the home can sell for. A realtor is here to provide you with details and information and it is your job top make the decision on price from t he information they have provided. It's important to try to leave the emotion out of this process and try to look at it as a business transaction. i know that's tough, but emotions get in the way of a realistic price. Emotions increase the price. Keep your emotions out, be realistic what your home is worth, otherwise it's a waste of time to try to sell an overpriced home
7. Tell your friends and neighbors that you are selling your home, word of mouth is an incredible power full source, utilize it. Spread the word.
With the right presentation and price and terms, it should sell fast in the right market.
Good luck on your home sale and I hope you do well.
Contact me to help you sell your home.