The rain is back, the days are dark…who is ready to beat the gloom? Below are some Seattle-area favorites to brighten your spirits. You can bundle up and bask in breathtaking outdoor light shows, or relax and enjoy from the comfort of a cruise ship or theater seat…
- Dates/Times: Nov. 24, 2023 – Dec. 31, 2023. Seattle Center (Holiday lighting Nov. 1 – March 1); ice sculpting Nov. 24, 12-4 pm; Winter train & village open daily Nov. 24 – Dec. 31 | 10 am – 6 pm; Seattle Christmas Market open Nov. 24 – Dec. 24.
- Cost: General admission is free for all ages; Seattle Christmas Market is $16-$20 for adults (buy tickets)
- Parking: Paid parking available at the Mercer Garage, 5th Ave N Garage, and Theatre Commons ADA Lot. Click here for the campus map.
- Food: A multitude of dining options await you in the Armory.
- Special Events: Opening Day Celebration, live stage entertainment at the Armory, the Winter Train & Village, New Year’s Eve Celebration Dec. 31 from 8pm-12 Midnight, and more!
- Holiday Closure: Dec. 25
- Dates: November 24 – December 27, 2023
- Cost: $29-$208 per seat
- Parking: Mercer Street Garage or Other Nearby Parking
- Food: Beverages and snacks are available for purchase
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 25, 2023 – Dec. 31, 2023 | 4:30 – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $8 per person (ages 10 and under are free)
- Promotions: Discounted$5 ticket nights Nov. 27-30 and Dec. 4-7.
- Parking: Premium parking is $5 per car in the Garden’s lot as space allows OR park for free at Wilburton Hill Park
- Food: Hot drinks and snacks are available for purchase
- Holiday Closures: December 25
- Dates/Times: Nightly Nov. 24, 2023 – Dec. 24, 2023 | 20 minute show starts at 7 pm
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Free parking at Bellevue Square, Bellevue Place and Lincoln Square
- Food: A variety of dining options (from happy hour, to kid fare, to gourmet) are all within walking distance
- Special Events & Activities: Ice Skating, Santa Photos
Launch locations include Seattle Waterfront – Pier 55, Shilshole Bay Marina, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington, Lake Union Park (MOHAI), AGC Marina, Carillon Point Marina, and Kirkland City Dock.
click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Click here for the full schedule
- Cost: $40 – $74 per person (kids 3 and under are free)
- Parking: Varies by location – click here for details
- Food: Snacks and drinks available for purchase on the ship. Outside food/drinks are not allowed.
- Special Events: Opening Night, Parade of Boats, Grand Finale
- Tree Lighting Celebration: Nov. 24 at 3:30 pm in Westlake Park.
- Luminous Light Sculptures: Nov. 24, 2023 – Jan. 9, 2024 in Westlake Park.
- Holiday Lights & Delights: Nov. 25, 2023 – Jan. 9, 2024 in Occidental Square.
- Sweet & Snowy Saturdays: Nov. 25, 2023 – Dec. 16, 2023 | 11:30 am – 1 pm in Occidental Square.
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Access the Republic Parking garage from Olive Way between 4th & 5th Ave, or check out this interactive map of city parking
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 24, 2023 – Jan. 1, 2024 | 4:30 – 10 pm
- Cost: $14-$18 (free for kids 2 & under)
- Promotions: Discounted tickets for zoo members & BECU members
- Parking: Free parking in zoo lots (carpooling recommended)
- Food: Dinner, drinks & snacks are available at the Plaza Cafe & outside stands. Roast s’mores and pudgy pies around the fire on the Cafe Deck, too!
- Activities: Carousel, S’mores Roasting, Groovy Goats in Holiday Coats
- Holiday Closures: Dec. 24 & 25
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 10, 2023 – Jan. 14, 2024 | 4:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Cost: $25.95 – $36.95 per person (ages 2 & under are free).
- Promotions: Zoo members get 20% off tickets; Holiday Senior Stroll on Nov 14 from 4-6 pm with 40% off for ages 65+
- Parking: $6 parking is available in all lots after 3:30 pm (here is a map). Park by the West Entrance (Penguin, Otter, or Bear Lot) if you are purchasing your tickets in person—the South Gate (Hippo Lot) is only for those who already have tickets.
- Food: Refreshments are available at food kiosks throughout, plus the Pizza Corner at 1899 Grove, and Gather & Graze Café (with covered seating provided). You are also welcome to bring your own food & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Special Activities: Tianyu Cultural Performances in the PACCAR Auditorium, Zoomazium, ZooStore, Carousel. Sensory-Friendly Nights on 11/15, 12/6 & 1/11.
- Closures: Most Mondays (open Dec. 11 & 18 + Jan 1); Nov. 23, Dec. 24 & 25.
But wait, there’s more…
We earn the trust and loyalty of our brokers and clients by doing real estate exceptionally well. The leader in our market, we deliver client-focused service in an authentic, collaborative, and transparent manner and with the unmatched knowledge and expertise that comes from decades of experience.
© Copyright 2023, Windermere Real Estate/Mercer Island.